At The University of Alabama, the Executive MBA Program requires commitment and dedication by its students to complete a challenging curriculum within 17-21 months. On Saturday, May 5, 2018 the EMBA Class of 2018 fulfilled their graduate requirements to obtain their M.B.A. degree. In attendance for the EMBA Graduation Ceremony were over 270 family members along with staff and faculty to celebrate this great achievement.
Overlooking the football field at Bryant-Denny Stadium, Culverhouse College of Business Dean Kay Palan welcomed the graduates and recognized the families for their strong support. It is not easy to earn a graduate degree and knowing that you have those who care for you can make a big difference in getting through a program of this nature.
The day is all about celebrating achievement and showing gratitude to those helped and were there for our graduates throughout the process. “Graduation day was really a lot of fun and my family was really impressed,” said Daryl Evans, Class President for the Huntsville EMBA cohort.
Before the brunch and formal EMBA Graduation Ceremony, and The University of Alabama Commencement, the graduates and families toured the stadium, including the Crimson Tide locker room and tunnel.
During the ceremony all of the graduates were individually recognized. In addition, special awards were given to Class MVPs Eric Janssen (HEMBA) and Chris Derksen (TEMBA) for reflecting the high ideals and standards of their class, being supportive of class and teammates and showing integrity and leadership ability.
Drs. Brian Gray and Ron Dulek were honored with the James F. Cashman Faculty Award for their advice, counsel, positive influence on students and high standards of integrity.
Drs. Don Minyard and Gary Taylor received the Executive MBA Faculty Excellence Awards for outstanding commitment to the EMBA Program through their exceptional instruction, generating a positive learning environment and creating a significant impact on student understanding.
The EMBA Ceremony concluded with Jennifer Thomas (EMBA 2014), President of the EMBA Alumni Network, welcoming the graduates into the Network of now 928 EMBA alumni. Roll Tide!
Congratulations, Executive MBA Class of 2018!
- Carolyn Berry, GEA/Roper Corporation
- Molly Bray, AmerisourceBergen
- Colton Campbell, Otis Elevator Company
- Maren Cross, Daimler Mercedes-Benz U.S.
- Joseph Culbert, Every Blade Solutions LLC
- Chemeka Dabney, LP Building Products
- Chris Derksen, Vulcan Materials Company
- Daryl Evans, DEX Imaging
- Christina Gordon, Druid City Hospital Health System
- Matt Groves, BBVA
- Eric Janssen, SportsMed, PC
- Ben Johnson, CACI International Inc.
- Dejarvas Kelly, Mercedes-Benz U.S.
- Peter Kerr, ADTRAN, Inc.
- Nancy Laster, DCH Health System
- Mitchell Loper, Raymond James
- Andy Maguire, NASA
- Jake Mankin, The University of Alabama
- Jason McConnell, RSM US
- Felicia McKinney, The University of Alabama
- John Meshensky, ManTech International Doster
- Chris Overstreet, Doster Construction Company, Inc.
- Christian Patel, Alabama Power Company
- Derrica Poole, FIS Global
- Kevin Porter, Consultant
- Bethany Roberts, Books-A-Million
- Drew Rollins, Star Asset Security
- Jenna Roney, Southern Company
- Lacey Schoff, Oral Arts Dental Laboratories
- Jason Sellars, UA Office of Veteran Affairs
- Carl Vasilko, PAE
- Justin Walker, Environmental 360, Inc.
- Jermaine West, Barber Dairy
- Tory Wiles, nou Systems Inc.
- Tyler Williams, Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Nora Woods, New Life Interfaith Ministries, Inc.