If it is August, you will find The University of Alabama Executive MBA staff busy getting ready for the incoming Huntsville EMBAs. The HEMBAs arrived in Tuscaloosa for orientation and their first classes August 1-4.
Before the students begin their first semester classes: Statistics, Accounting, Marketing and Project Management, they spend a day team building and getting to know each other.
At orientation, we focus on how our students can be successful in the program, using academic research and work with our own students on team and individual success, reciprocity, and coaching. Teams also get a head start in creating their team charters which strongly emphasize their goals and commitments.
Also, the HEMBA 2020 class took part in the traditional EMBA Scavenger Hunt on the UA campus. Every landmark on our campus, from Denny Chimes, to Bryant-Denny Stadium, President’s House, to Coleman Coliseum was documented with selfies taken by our HEMBA teams.
Twenty-two students make up the 11th Huntsville cohort. They represent 14 different industries, including retail, services, defense, aeronautics, manufacturing, healthcare, distribution and IT. Fifteen percent are vice presidents/owners, 85 percent managers, and 48 percent are military or veterans – setting a record.
The HEMBAs will join the 35th Tuscaloosa cohort starting in November 2018 to complete the EMBA Class of 2020.
Congratulations to our incoming HEMBA Class of 2020. Roll Tide!
- Alanna Aaron, Forever 21
- Chad Brennan, Dynetics, Inc.
- Jeremy Chism, Science & Engineering Services (SES)
- Mike DeWerff, Motion Industries
- Cynthia Dempsey, ZoomCare
- Danielle DeVaney, The Boeing Company
- Gilbert Goscicki, BASF
- Joey Holdmeyer, Sonoco Products Company
- Gabe Lewis, Leidos
- Jim Lopresti, Yulista Aviation
- Julie Mathis, Futaba Corporation of America
- Brian McCormick, Parker Hannafin
- Louis McMillian, USAAMCOM
- Phil Monkress, All Points Logistics, LLC
- Robert Post, Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation
- David Ramirez, Ruag Space USA
- Jennifer Ridgeway, PPG Aerospace
- Stephen Schlanger, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S.
- Adam Stephens, Smith Infiniti of Huntsville
- Wilson Townsend, Schneider Electric
- Mandy Watts, B. Braun Interventional Systems
- Ted Yonke, ThyssenKrupp Materials