UA Executive MBA Class of 2017
Celebrating the completion of their Executive MBA Program at The University of Alabama on May 6, forty-two graduates received degrees, accolades and an immediate welcome as the newest members of the UA EMBA Alumni Network.
Graduation kicked off with the formal University of Alabama Commencement at Coleman Coliseum. Line up for our EMBA Class of 2017 graduates in the Hank Crisp facility means donning caps, gowns, hoods on the indoor football practice field. And, as has become our tradition, the EMBA staff cheered the graduates’ processional with shouts of Roll Tide!
Following Commencement, the graduates and their families joined faculty and staff for the EMBA Graduation Awards Ceremony at the North Zone of Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Dr. Kay Palan, Dean of Culverhouse College of Commerce, addressed the crowd of 240 attendees. Dean Palan recognized the dedication and the hard work the Class of 2017 went through to earn their M.B.A. She also thank the families for their support.
EMBA 2017 graduates (L-R) Anuraag Malaviya, Monte Green, EMBA Director Donna Blackburn and Matt Hartley.
“When I started the program,” said graduate Anuraag Malaviya, “I was unsure how I would manage family, job and this demanding endeavor but with each class weekend that passed I gained that extra bit of confidence to complete the program.” Throughout the graduation celebration, faculty and staff were thanked by the graduates for the support and care that was given to make sure they would succeed.
Receiving special awards this year were Dr. Rob Morgan and Professor Jim Brown who won the James F. Cashman Faculty Award. This award is given by the students and recognizes a faculty member for their advice, counsel, positive influence on students and the high standards of integrity they exemplify.
Drs. James King and Don Minyard were honored with Executive MBA Faculty Excellence Awards for outstanding commitment to the EMBA Program through their exceptional instruction, generating a positive learning environment and creating a significant impact on student understanding.
Class MVP awards were presented to Will Stinson (HEMBA) and Rich Winstead (TEMBA) for reflecting the high ideals and standards of their class, as well as being supportive of class and teammates, and showing integrity and leadership ability.
Nine EMBAs received 4.0 GPA recognition: Christie Davis, Monte Green, Billy Helmandollar, Jamie McKinley, Lilly Setiawan, Ryan Stallings, Will Stroup, Dustin Whited and Rich Winstead.
Jimmy Hassan (EMBA 2017) and son Easton visit the Alabama Football locker room after graduation.
After receiving their EMBA Awards of Completion, the EMBA Alumni Network President Russell Shamburger (EMBA 2004), officially welcomed the Class of 2017 as alumni. Shamburger encouraged the new graduates to stay involved and to consider running for Board positions later this fall.
Following the ceremony the students, faculty, staff and family members took an EMBA Class of 2017 family portrait, followed by a tour of the Bryant-Denny Stadium locker room and tunnel.
Congratulations, EMBA Class of 2017! Well done and ROLL TIDE!
UA EMBA Class of 2017 Graduates:
- Ruqayyah Abdullah, BBVA Compass
- Michael Adams, Randall-Reilly
- Katherine Askew, The University of Alabama
- Brady Baird, Summerville United Methodist Church
- Jay Brooks, Tag Grinding
- Felicia Craig, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Christie Davis, Northport Police Department
- Jason Deane, Lincoln Financial Distributors
- Sierra Earle, USAmeriBank
- Chuck Freind, Amerex Corporation
- Monte Green, McLeod Software
- Sonya Harner, Nissan North America
- Matt Hartley, Chemetall
- Jimmy Hassan, Dayton Superior Corporation
- Billy Helmandollar, DCH Health System
- Mary Scott Hunter, Intuitive Research and Technology Corp.
- Shane Jackson, AMRDEC
- Natasha Johnson, Reckitt Benckiser Manufacturing
- Doug Lafont, Premier Tech Chronos
- Walt Long, U.S. Air Force, MAFB
- Anuraag Malaviya, Tata Consultancy Services
- Frazer McCurdy, ServisFirst Bank
- Jamie McKinley, Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Hayley Ray McNeill, The University of Alabama
- Barry Navarre, Southern Telecom
- Gaurav Negi, ADTRAN, Inc.
- Sean O’Brien, UPS
- Nicole Reynolds, Appleton Talent
- Josh Rountree, Nissan North America
- Bryan Sanders, Otis Elevator Company
- Lilly Setiawan, The Dutch Group
- Dane Shaw, Arsenal Place Accelerator
- Ryan Stallings, First South Farm Credit
- Will Stinson, TotalPrint, DEC Company
- Will Stroup, The Brogdon Group
- Joe Taylor, PPG Industries
- Bhuwan Thakur, Infosys Limited
- Josh Vinson, Parallon Business Solutions
- Beth Webster, Small Business Development Center, UA
- Dustin Whited, MDA/ECM
- Rich Winstead, U.S. Navy
- Matt Zepp, Department of the Army
For more information on The University of Alabama Executive MBA Program, contact Cheryl Altemara at 205.348.4501 or email@example.com.